Monday, July 18, 2011

Wedding Gifts Galore

They say that when you become aware of something new that you will notice it all around you.  For me, this is true of weddings.  This weekend I attended a wedding of my sister's best friend.  I made her the etched glass vase that I had posted already.  My mom allowed me to use her gift as a Silhouette opportunity and I helped fancy up a candle for the couple.  Also, a co-worker went to a wedding this weekend and thought of me to make a gift.  (Thanks, Christi!)  And on another wedding note, I started giving out a little gift that I made for some of the people in my wedding.  I have one more to send to someone and then I will share those pictures.  :)  Speaking of giving gifts, I gave my cousin her family crossword and picture frame this weekend, and I think it was a big hit.  Yay! 

I thought I would share some pictures of the gifts made for last weekends weddings and show you how to turn a simple glass vase or a simple plain candle into a personalized gift the couple is sure to love.


It is hard to take a picture of etched glass.  This is the couple's last name monogram and their wedding date is below the monogram.


You can buy this candle and candle stand at any store.  This is my favorite way to make a pure white (or per white, as my mother would say) candle into something great.


I used the same monogram shape as I did on the vase above, I just changed the letter for the couple's last name.  I can remember buying a friend a monogramed candle for her wedding and I spent like $42.00.  Thanks to the Silhouette I think this one came in at around $8.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment