Monday, July 11, 2011

Personalized Dry Erase Board

The Silhouette strikes again!  The last time my mom and I went shopping at her favorite store, I bought a cheap (and might I add hideously ugly) cream and light blue wood board with a picture of a seashell.  Now, if that sounds like something that you have in your home, I did not say "hideously ugly," I said, "not my particular taste."  :)  I am pretty sure I spent a whopping $2.99 on it.  I was telling my mom about a picture I had recently seen that displayed a chalkboard count-down (which was really cute and I'm still looking to make it for someone).  My mom said it would be a cute way to display a meal menu, which she usually creates on the computer and then adds clip art to show off all of her mad technology skills.  Haha!

I thought it would be fun to give her her very own dry erase menu to display for her meals.  I had just enough left over black spray paint and yesterday I spray painted the frame black.  (Note to self - take "before" pictures!)  I bought a role of cut and peel dry erase board, and after my coupon it was $2.50.  Then I spent about 90 seconds making the vinyl design across the top.  I stuck the vinyl on there, and viola!  I can't wait to give this to my mom this weekend when I see her.  So what do you think?


 Here it is without any writing on it, just the vinyl across the top.

Here it is with the menu written on it.

1 comment: