Monday, September 10, 2012

Too soon?

Is it too soon to start listening to Christmas music?  I have found a secret pleasure finding and shaping the perfect Christmas station on my Pandora and I find I am listening to it more and more. 

Christmas music in general puts me in one of those Cloud 9/Over the Moon/Wonderment kind of moods... but I think this year knowing Christmas should be extra special, it puts me in a heightened state of excitement.  :)

I am, at this very moment, putting off filing nail holes with wood putty and taping off the floors and trims in the nursery.  Blogging sounded like a much better plan.  :)  So Christmas music and thinking of how wonderful this babe's nursery will be when it's all over with has me feeling pretty good.  Currently, the nursery looks like this:




It is getting really fun to start walking by and seeing it coming together.  I keep telling Harley, "You are so close to being done with "your" part... and then Mama is taking over!!

I'm excited to get the crib, dresser, and glider in the room and figure out how it all fits best in the room.... and then!!!  Well, then comes the really fun part!!

I opted to make all of the crib bedding.  My mother thinks this makes me slightly nuts, but really... I can't help it when I start to shop for crib bedding.  Take this one for example:



Is it cute?  Sure... that's not the issue.  This is the issue... it costs $600.00.  No, I didn't mis-type that... Six-hundred dollars...  And I'm totally pro if someone has the means and wants to do that for their kid... but here's the real kicker.  In today's "Baby Rules" you're not supposed to use a blanket or a bumper.  So what do you get?  A $600 sheet and bed skirt.  Now all of a sudden, a baby blue sheet and a gingham crib skirt isn't looking so good.  So I found an awesome crib sheet tutorial online and I CAN NOT wait to start making this baby boy some sheets!!  Here are the fabrics I picked out for him to dream his sweet dreams on. 









Ohhh, they make me happy just to look at!  I am perfectly content living in this fantasy world that just because he has fabulous fabrics he might sleep through the night... :)  But I think the reality is, if I'm getting up all throughout the night, at least I will be picking up that upset babe off some wonderful threads.  :)  Haha

Okay, well, back to the wood putty!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment