Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Julie & Julia

This blog is sort of like having a treadmill (yep, I just had to Google the correct spelling of treadmill - probably a bad sign) in your house.  You get it feeling super motivated to be dedicated and inspirational... and after a while it starts to hold your clothes while they air dry.  And then it becomes something non-existent that only produces feelings of guilt and shame when you think about it.

I think I am going to blame dog sitting over the weekend and watching Julie and Julia (or Julia and Julie) about the girl who starts a cooking blog.  I thought to myself, "and I don't even have to cook to make mine work!"

So maybe we'll try this again and see where it goes.  Yesterday I told myself I was going to do the dishes and mop the floors - which for the record, did eventually get done.  But I found myself completely immersed in the idea of making a fabric basket.  I am happy to say, after searching the Internet for what I felt was the cutest one and discovering that the tutorial for it used the metric system that I was able to convert everything as needed and created a pretty cute little basket.  Emphasis on little... but that gives me new motivation to try different measurements to make the perfect basket size.





I was very impressed at how it stayed up so well on it's own.  Harley's response, "What are you going to use that for?"  My answer... I don't know yet... but we'll see.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment